Commissioned by Bernard Arnault and designed by Frank Gehry, the Fondation Louis Vuitton is located in Paris, on the site of the Jardin d’Acclimatation in the Bois de Boulogne. The Fondation Louis Vuitton will be principally associated with artistic creation in all its forms.
For the opening of the Fondation Louis Vuitton, the artistic program will unfold in three successive stages between October 2014 and July 2015. Each stage will include a temporary exhibition, a partial presentation of the collection, and a series of events.
The first stage – October to December 2014 – invites the public to a ‘voyage of creation’ essentially devoted to the discovery of the architecture of the building with:
- An exhibition on the architecture of Frank Gehry for the Fondation Louis Vuitton. This exhibition will be presented in dialogue with the first major European retrospective of the work of Frank Gehry, organized simultaneously at the Centre Pompidou.
- A presentation of several emblematic works from the permanent collection.
- A group of special commissions related to the architecture of the building including a work by Olafur Eliasson.
The auditorium of the Fondation will present several performances most particularly two musical events:
- A recital by the pianist Lang Lang on October 28th, 2014.
- A series of 8 retrospective concerts by Kraftwerk, the pioneering electronic group, from November 6 to 14, 2014.
The two following stages, opening in December 2014 and July 2015 will be announced shortly.
Practical information here : http://www.fondationlouisvuitton.fr/en.html